We provide clean water, wastewater services and save, reliable electricity.
We build, own and operate electrical transmission and distribution networks, water and wastewater treatment facilities and infrastructure in Canada and the United States.
We also provide electricity, and water services and products to residential and commercial customers. And, we deliver competitve power systems, transportation electrical systems, energy efficiency consulting and utility support.
EPCOR's story began over 120 years ago, as Edmonton's power and water utility and Canada's first municipality owned electric utility, "EPCOR Utililities Inc." has been stand-alone company since 1996.
The City of Edmonton is our sole Shareholder, and we operate as a commercial entity, governed by an independent Board of Directors. Owing to our governance model and our mandate, we have grown tremendously and more than doubled our dividend since incorporated in 1996.
System Analyst, Testing
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Organization Name: EUI, Information Services, Application Services
EPCOR provides clean water, wastewater treatment services, and safe, reliable power to the places in which we live and work. Not an easy job, but one we all take pride in. Join EPCOR and help keep the lights on and the water safe for your friends and neighbours. At EPCO, it's all about providing more. All we're missing is you.
Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, EPCO is on of Alberta's Top 65 Employers. We received an A+ for corporate responsibility report in for five years in a row under Global Reporting Initiative guidelines.
Do you have an understanding of testing concepts, test automation and environment coorindation? Do you enjor the challenge of performing quality assurance on test scenarios due to business changes? If so, EPCOR information Services (IS) Application Services team is seeking a full time permanent System Analyst, Testing to join its Testing team.
Through this position, you will grow and develop a solid understanding of the billing applications as related tot he Energy Services business, work with a number of development languages, participate in numerous project and operational activities, develop a solid understanding of enterprise application development and management and be part of a team that will play a key role in the future direction of EPCOR's Power and Water business.
EPCOR IS performs operational and project activities for a diverse array of applications, including UIS, CRM, BIBA and Contact Centre applications.
Reporting to the Manager, Testing and Initiatives, the System Analyst, Testing is accountable for the stability of our applications. This includes participating in the software development life cycle by interpreting the Business Requirements and Technical Requirements and translating these into a decision for what integrated and user acceptance test scenarios to run with time spans (longest target completion time) of up to 12 months.
The accountabilities of the System Analyst, Testing will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Estimating, designing, and developing test documents, scenarios and solutions to meet or exceed customer or project requirements and enhancement of delivery targets.
- Ensure the delivery of optimal results against appropriate performance metrics such as:
- Delivery on Change request estimations
- Customer satisfaction surveys
- System Availability
- Knowledge Managemen KPIs
- Ensuring system reliability and availability through proactive system monitoring and maintenance and change management.
- Employing open communication and problem solving skills to resolve issues efficiently and effectively within expected timeframes.
- Collaborating with other members of application services to create and maintain dependable, efficient, and high quality application solutions.
- Working closely with areas of IS to ensure sccessful delivery of operational deliverable and capital projects.
- Participating in major capital projects as required by the manager
- Abiding all application services department policies and processes for the purpose of consistent support and administrative practices throughout application services.
- Providing valuable contributions to documentation and knowledgebase to allow for the long term sustainability of EPCO IS.
- Providing expert advice and collaborates with other members of application services to allow for the creation and maintenance of dependable, efficient, quality application solutions.
- Ability to create quality test scenarios to business changes with a focus in manipulating data to fit the requirement which is often not available in our environments.
- Executing daily job duties with a focus on continuous improvement of processes and systems.
- Demonstating a high performance, high discipline, safe, accountable, focused, innovative and achievement oriented easy to do business with manner of working.
The successful candidate will possess teh following qualifications:
- Completed post secondary Computer Science or Engineering Degree or Computer Engineering / System Technology or Management Informations Systems Diploma
- Minimum of 4 - 6 years of directly related work experience (candidates who possess 0-3 years of directly related experience may be considered for an IT1 level position. Placement will be made for an IT1 level position. Placement will be made based on qualifications, credentials, and experience).
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of testing methodologies, testing automation tools, migration tools and environment coordination.
- Strong skills must be demonstrated in: PL/SQL / C#,.Net / Unix
- Knowledge of the following would be desirable:
- - Computer related certifications such as microsoft or oracle developer certifications
- - System delivery lifecycle with focus on custom development and testing
- - Understanding of testing concepts and methodology scripting languages
- - Java
- Ability to provide test estimates, scripts and results for both IST and UAT
- Previous experience with system delivery life cycle using one or more common programming languages.
- Ability to interpret business requirements and technical requirements and translating these into a decision for what test scenarios to be ran.
- Demonstrating capability to execute test methodology and test cases
- Ability to prioritize and select focused test to ensure the highest priorities are tested first when testing time is limited.
- Ability to detemine the new test scope when changes are made (caused by detected defects being fixed)
- Ability to create test data to fit a specific situation using creativity to manipulate data to fit the requirement which is so ofthen not availble in our environments.
- Ability to coordinate and execute environment refreshes for the purpose of testing in a scheduled release environment.
- Ability to determine the cause of test failures.
- Ability to react with urgency to troubesheet critical issues when faced with application availability situations.
- Well developed technical proficiency in the current technology stack and an excellent understanding of business process and business requirements for applications.
- The successful candidate must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Class: IT1 / IT2
Wage: IT1 $39.18 - $46.72 - IT2 $44.79 - $53.41 per hour
Hours of Work: 7.5 hours per day, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
EPCOR employees enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual incentive (bonus) pay program
- Paid vacation
- Flexible benefits plan
- Five Paid personal days off each year
- Access to internal and external career development programs
- Financial support for personal development
- Pension plan
- Financial support for employee wellness
- Career opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines and operational areas
- Financial support for charitable organizations that employees contribute to
EPCOR only acepts resumes via on-line application at www.epcor.com/careers. If you choose to submit your resume by any other means, we cannot guarantee that your application will be considered.
Due to the large volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
EPCOR is an equal opportunity employer. Positions are filled by means of open competition where the selection is based on job related skills, training, experience, suitability and, where appropriate, seniority. Please note that all EPCOR Positions are subject to criminal records check.