KEO International Consultants is a world ranked and leading Architectural, Engineering, and Projects and Construction Management firm with offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Bahrain, Dubai, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. KEO Offers long term career opportunities, generous expatriate salary packages and dynamic career development opportunities. In addition, KEO provides full assistance in relocation from A-Z with a team of experienced HR professionals trained to support you and your family through any relocation process.
All application will be treated confidentially.
Working as a Lead Mechanical Engineer in our design Division, you will be responsible for managing the production of mechanical project design documentation in compliance with QA/QC procedures for numerous major projects including commercial, residential, tall tower and mixed use developments.
This position requires strong leadership and client facing skills as well as the ability to work with a team in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Preference will be given to qualified condidates who can demonstrate experience in the following:
- Critically reviewing design documentation (drawings, calculations and specifications) at all stages from concept to construction documentation and providing valuable design input and direction.
- Ensuring that appropriate alternative concepts are proposed at Concept and Schematic design stage and that these have been tested and value engineered, and that they comply with project and code requirements.
- Coordinating and leading multi-discipline teams of engineers and designers to produce engineering work products, and interfacing with project management, procurement and construction contractors.
- Reviewing effectiveness, efficiency and competence of the team with the Department Head and recommending improvements or training requirements where required.
- Providing high quality service to clients in a flexible, innovative, responsive and cost effective manner.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Anticipating and solving technical difficulties for projects which present new challenges to the core experience of the department.
- Knowledge of sustainable design and associated guidelines such as LEED, estdama or QSAS.
- Knowledge of BIM amd implementation of BIM systems within a department.
- Knowledge of Design codes such as British standards, ASHRAE, NFPA, IPC, IMC and other international design codes is considered essential.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 15 years of related experience. Professional registration such as Ceng, PE or similar is desirable.
Prior experience working within the Gulf region would be advantageous.
To apply, Send Email of CV/Resume and application letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Insubject line to write: Applying to the Position of: Lead Mechanical Engineer, Job Reference No. DES/QTR/201200594