Specialized in Dam Construction / Hydropower
With over 1500 employees, Fichtner is Germany's leading independent planning and consultancy enterprise. We are global players and we handle several hundred ongoing projects in more than one hundred countries on behalf of infrastructure providers, focusing on central utility supplies, waste management and energy intensive industrial enterprises. We offer our clients unique combination of engineering and planning with classical management consultancy.
This position assigned to our Renewable Energies and Environment business division in our Stuttgart Home Office. This division handles all projects for power generation on the basis of renewable energies. Additionally, environmental technology and permit management as well as the energy sector fall within its scope. We work through all project phases, from initial project concept to facility commissioning.
- Professional consultancy on dam construction for clients all over the world
- Developing concepts for short and long term measures, projects and undertakings for hydropower plant and dams.
- Taking responsibility in technical aspects for new construction, conversion and rehabilitation of dams and weirs
- Preparing survey grids for geotechnical investigations
- Geotechnical site supervision and quality assurance during construction
- Drawing up proposals and technical specifications
- Feasibility studies with permit management and implementation planning
- Collaboration with external and internal project partners
- Supporting our sales department
- Degree in Civil Engineering with specialization in hydraulic structures; at least ten years of professional experience working on earth fill and concrete dams
- Well founded experience in the preparation of foundation soil reports, numerical modeling and dam construction sites.
- Experience in applying MS Office (Word, Excel), CAD software, Geoslope and /or finite element modeling.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, knowledge of other languages a plus
- As an experienced consultant, skilled in dealing with clients and project partners from different cultural environments.
- Willingness to travel on project work and undertake assignments in other countries.
- As an owner managed family enterprise with a company tradition of over ninety years, we provide an environment that unites enduring value with innovative capability.
- Challenging consultancy projects in an international context
- A setting for you to work at the cutting edge of technology
- Professional development and continuous further qualifications
- As a member of an international team you can always rely on the support of your colleagues in a working environment that promotes job satisfactions.