Tractabel, Brussels Belgium
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: Europe-Belgum, Brussels Capital Region
Schedule: Full Time
Nature of Responsibility: Senior Professional / Team Leader
ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 154,950 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of 69.9 billion pounds in 2015. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
Tractebel Seeks for its Projects a Male or Female:
Digital Energy Solutions Architect
The Working Environment:
The Energy Transition Department of Tractebel Engineering Delivers high level worldwide consulting on energy transition and is the excellence center of the ENGIE Group for all related topics. The Digital Energy Solutions team of Tractebel designs, develops, maintains and commercializes software solution related to the energy sector.
The team has developed in house competence in Optimization, simulation and data science. To reinforce our team, we are recruiting a talented Digital Energy Solutions Architect.
You work closely with Digital Energy Solutions Analysts for new and existing software in order to:
- Design, review, maintain and deploy IT architecture of Digital Energy Solutions;
- Discuss best practices and make trade off for projects across multiple methodologies;
- Follow and help developments from the infrastructure backend to end user frontend.
- You contribute with the AQ Manager to define technical methodologies, including tools, platform and coding standards;
- You participate to the development of innovative concepts regarding design and operation of energy systems, incorporating new technologies and addressing renewable sources of energy such as wind power generation, storage, smart / super grids in a competitive electricity market environment;
- You will have the opportunity to work with new technologies such as Java 8, Spring 4, Ansible and Amazon Web Services.
- You hold a Master's degree in Computer Science;
- You have a strong experience (5 Years) Software Development, including at least 2 years in IT architecture;
- You have s strong experience with database modeling;
- You have a high level proficiency with OO modeling and Model Driven Design;
- You are able to define and develop both distributed and desktop architectures;
- You know how to Architecture distributed and standalone deliverable from a single codebase;
- You have a strong knowledge in UML Modeling;
- You have demonstrated proficiency with technologies like: Jave, Spring, Hibernate, Mave, AWS, SQL
- Experience with continuous delivery is desired;
- Experience in Web Development is desired;
- Experience in cloud architectures is a plus;
- Experience with Java FX, AOP and CQRS is a plus
- An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work and life balance;
- A stable work environment where professional growth and development are stimulated (Via the Tractebel School and ENGIE University)
- An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits;
- A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.