Teledyne Energy Systems, inc. Located 15 minutes north of Baltimore, Maryland, is a leading provider of custom power systems based on proprietery technologies in a range of fields including fuel cells, termoelectric and electrochemical technologies, and staffed with a group of highly talented professionals. As a supplier of products and engineering services to both government and commercial customers worldwide for over 40 years, including the power system on the Mars Curiosity rover, we offer exciting opportunities for dynamic, energetic, self-motivated team players looking for challenging opportunities and to grow their careers. Join our team and power tour future with a company ont he move.
Teledyne offers a competitive salary and benefits package including flextime, 401(k), educational benefits, stock purchase plan, and medical, dental, vision, and life insurances. Some positions may offer a relocation plan.
Hiring for Material Engineer (Mid-level) Job ID#H306
Company: Teledyne Energy Systems, Inc.
Location: Hund Valley, Maryland, USA
As a Material Engineer with 5 to 10 years of experience, responsiblity will include creating and maintaining metallic and/or non-metallic material specifications and processing requirements. You will also be invloved in developing advanced materials for next generation power systems. You will apply principles of checmistry, physics, and material behavior and work with other engineers to ensure selected materials and specifications meet the project requirements.
- Develop/refine exisitng or new material production processess including hands-on process involvement to control and improve material performance and quality.
- Solve material issues and problems for a range of technologies.
- Develop component, subsystem and system designs.
- Develop future thermoelectric materials and advances modules
- Provide material expertise and creativity as a member of a design team
- High temperature and mixed materials equipment processing
- Thermoelectric (Semiconductor) processing and development
- Metals fabrication
- Insulation materials review
- Plating and coating processing
- Fuel cell electrolytes and catalysts
- Power System design
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated self-motivation as well as good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of design and fabrication of components and assemblies.
- Must be proficient with standard office software.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective written correspondence and interface with internal and external contacts.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Checmistry or Physics with an emphasis in material science and/or solid state physics with 5 plus years relevant experience.
Education adn Experience Desired:
- MS Materials Engineering
- Demonstrated and process development and process metric tracking
- Thermal and structural analysis background a plus
- High temperature materials development and/or production experience