Proton on site is a global leader in hydrogen energy and innovative gas solutions. Since 1996, we have been developing and applying hydrogen technology in creative and practical ways that best meets the diverse requiremetns of our customers. Our advanced proton exchange membrane (PEM) electrolysis systems coupled with our incompromising attention to excellence and quality enables us to deliver, install and support gas generation units on every continent.
Hiring for Electrical Control Engineer
Description: Industrial Control Panel Design
Location: Wallingford, CT
The most promising opportunities for a fulfilling, profitable engineering career lie in the booming field of green energy innovation. Our company culture is driven by personal initiative combined with loyalty and commitment to the team. We value individuals with the ability to convert complex issues into simple solutions. excellent communication skills, and a strong sense of urgency in doing what it takes to get the job done. If you want to a company that is on the cutting edge of energy innovation adn you are experienced in designing and developing electrical systems and controls for commercial industrial products, then you need to contact Proton Onsite.
An immediate opportunity exists for a highly skilled candidate experienced in designing, developing, testing, and deploying electrical systems and controls for larger scale commercial industrial products. The individual should have strong electrical engineering experience including the specification and integration of 100kW to MW scale power systems into OEM products and projects, PLC controls development (including PID), and the design development of electrical safety systems. Solid experience with designing products that meet requirements, cost, codes and standard is needed.
Proton is the proven industry leader in on-site hydrogen generation via proton exchange membrane (PEM)-based electrolysis. Protons HOGEN hydrogen generators produce hydrogen from electricity and water in a clean and efficient process using our proprietary technology. At the same time, we electrochecmically compress the hydrogen for use and storage, reducing or eliminating the need for mechanical compression. Our on-site hydrogen generation is a green leader in production of hydrogen for meteoroligcical, lab, industrial and renewable energy capture uses.
- Electrical and control development of new products. Deliverables include specifications, schematics, bills of materials, user interface HW and SW, test plans, and technical reports.
- Designing control automation, monitoring, and safety systems.
- Selecting and integrating components, wiring, harnessing, and over-current protection devices.
- Designing products that meet commenrcial industricl safety and EMI/EMC immunity standards.
- Providing technical direction while performing hands-on design and test tasks.
- Integration, and test of 100kW to MW scale power supply systems from vendor partners.
- Must be and effective team player with ability to work well in our lean, fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to work additional hours when needed.
- 5 to 7 years experience designing, building, testing electrical control, automation, and power systems for larger commercial industrial products and projects.
- Extensive experience designg commercial industrial control panels, PLCs and ladder logic, vendor, evaluation, selection, procurement, test, and installation.
- Motivated self starter with high level initiative and creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills and ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Capable of working well in a mutli-disciplinary team environment with high degree of collaboration.
BSME / BSCE or equivalent
Skills and Experience should include most of the following:
- Design implementation,a nd test of PID programs, interfacing with IO and external systems and SCADA, PLC, remote monitoring and associated netwroking tasks.
- Experience designing electrical safety systems that meet industry standards. Programmable safety experience is a plus.
- Working with third parties such as TuV, UL, for product certification.
- Proven process with designing products that meet stringent cost targets.
- Experience with indoor and outdoor industrial products and projects, integration with shippable containers is a plus.
We are proud to be an equali opportunity employer. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities, including diabled veterans or service-connected disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Proton on-site has published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
Due to the high-volume of resumes we receive, we are not able to respond personally to every application. However, we do review every resume, and will be sure to contact you ifwe think there is a possible fit.
Please send resumes / CV to Sandy Kelly (Human Resources) firstname.lastname@example.org