Engineering Manager & Mechanical Design Engineer (2)
Your are a Mechanical Engineer/Technologist with an established track record in the bulk material handling industry. Your experience allows you to design belt conveyors, screw conveyors, bucket elevators and drag conveyors. You are at least 5 years experience in this field.
About Nordstrong Equipment:
Nordstrong Equipment Limited is an innovative and high quality manufacturer of design build application specific equipment. We have two primary manufacturing locations (Cannington, Ontario and Winnipeg, Manitoba) and sales offices across Canada and the USA.
Our engineering team has a proven track record of creating robust material handling equipment that will stand up to sever duty usage that is "Nordstrong STRONG". Our full range of conveyor systems are engineered and manufactured in house to support our diverse industrial, agricultural and mining customer base.
Our continued sales growth and recent manufacturing expansion has put additional design pressure onto our engineering department. As a result, we have an immediate need for an experienced Engineering Manager and Mechanical Designer (2).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design conveyors using industry specific knowledge
- Work in engineering department preparing designs and drawings for manufacturing
- Liaise with Sales, Manufacturing and the end customer to ensure specifications are interpreted correctly for quotations purposes
- Determine best engineering/design practices and communicate with peers.
- Above average competency with both Solid Work and AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated understanding of manufactured equipment including welding, fabrication and power transmission design.
- Belt Conveyors expertise and knowledge of CEMA standards.
- Experience in manufacturing environment that invloves the transformation of steel (Machining, cutting, shearing, welding, painting and assembly) into finished equipment.
- structural steel detailing
- Ability to read engineering drawings and interpreting customer specifications
- Proficient in all MS office (promarily excel & word) applications
- Excellent english communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong Mechanical aptitude with hands-on experience.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Team player with the willingness to take on and complete all assigned tasks
- Beneficial although not required; bilingualism - English/French would be an asset to the oragnization.
Skills: Engineering, Design, Solidworks modeling, manufacturing knowledge
Experience: 5 Years
Job Location: Missisauga - Ontario Canada