PSC Specialist Consultants to the electricity industry, is a rapidly growing and global company. Delivering specialist services to the energy industry around the world. PSC is a team of passionate experts with exciting opportunities for the right candidate to join our dynamic people oriented, customer focused company.
Senior System Planning Engineer
PCS's planning and system studies group continues to grow in North America with an increasing client list and expanding pipeline of work. This is an opportunity to help consolidate our business success in North America and support further growth as we continue to build our reputation for high quality service delivery to our clients. We are seeking a senior or principal level engineer with at least 10 years of relevant industry experience to join our Westborough, MA, USA, based system studies team. The candidate principal expertise must be in the area of system studies for North America electrical networks involving modeling the behavior of electricity transmission networks and their various components under steady state and pertubed conditions.
The Senior System Planning Engineer will lead, conduct, supervise and review a variety of assignments. These include:
- Classical power system analysis and modelling include: Load flow, transient stability, short circuit analysis, and small signal assessments
- Power generation and transmission studies such as: generator connections, voltage stability, arc-flash energy studies, insulation coordination, feasibility studies, power station and control system design, and network planning
- Operations planning including: short term assessments, switching studies and incident investigations
- Steady state and transient development, testing, and field validation of performance of generator control models.
- Preparation of long term, multi scenario network development plans
- Liase with transmission and distribution clients network service providers for on going and prospective work
- Development of study methodologies and resource plans for proposals
- On-site testing of control systems at power stations
- Preparation of detailed technical reports
- Presentation development and delivery
- Mentor, coach and develop junior engineers
- Peer review and editorial feedback
- Business unit Manager support presenting PSC capabilities to prospective clients
- Global interation with PSC colleagues to coordinate and execute studies
- Manage clients expectations through regular communication responsiveness
- High proficient, advanced user of Siemens PTI's PSS/E network simulation software with at least 5 years of studies using PSS/E in the last 10 years.
- Strong Python scripting skills
- Experience in developing dynamic user models for generator controls, HVDC stations, lines and controls as well as network monitoring and protection schemes.
- Skills in other commonly used network simulation software (eg. PSLF, ASPEN, DSATools, Powerworld, EMTDC/PSCAD, EMTP RV, and DlgSILENT Power Factory)
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering is required with a preference for specialization in power systems
- A graduate degree in power systems modeling
- Registered professional engineering in a US state, or Canadian province, or eligible to do so
- Legally authorized to work in the US with no restrictions on travel to Canada.
- Field and/or control room operations
- Line and/or substation design
- Protection design and analysis
- Wholesale electricity markets
- Distribution planning
- Project development and permitting
- Competitive salary package with 401k and profit share
- Become part of a team that values people and career development
- Autonomy to craft the job to fit your expertise