Vattenfall is Europe's fifth largest electricity generator and the largest producer or heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Benelux and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emmission from power generation with a road map to achieve climate neutrality by 2050. Business Area wind is responsible for Vattenfalls onshore and offshore wind operations as well as other non-hydraulic renewable activities. Today we develop, construct and operate with generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, The Netherlands and the UK.
You will be part of the SCADA and Data Analysis Department who is resonsible for:
- Developing Analytical methods for improving wind turbine performance
- Perform ad-hoc analysis on wind turbine data
- Identify and act upon potential component failures
- Suggesting structural improvements to the data infrastructure
- Increasing the use of technical data in regards towards predictive maintenance.
We are looking for a candidate who has extensive experience in the wind industry; knowledge on developing methods for smart monitoring of turbine performance and the ability to distinguish between hyped and valuable technologies. You should be contributing to further developing this competence area at Vattenfall Wind.
Being part of a support organization, your communication skills are as important as your hard skills. We are looking for a good communicator who is able to identify the needs of wind farm operators, but also advertise new data driven solutions. Furthermore, you should be able to translate complex findings into clear analysis and suggestions.
- Extensive experience (5+ Years) in the wind industry
- Experience (5+ Years) in wind turbine performance monitoring
- Proven analytical skills and advanced knowledge of R/Python and SQL
- Experience with project management of software development
- Knowledge of SAP PM and /or TIBCO Spotfire
- Knowledge of predictive maintenance and/or reliability analysis
- Knowledge of power electronics
- You have a Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or another quantitative study.
- Are very convincing and have strong communication
- have strong personal drive and show a proactive approach towards stakeholders
- are a true team player and able to contribute to the existing team spirit
- have a systematic and focused approach
- are strongly performance oriented - but are not just focused on getting the job done, but keen on having it done in the right way
- are comfortable with a changing environment and an international perspective
We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal working environment. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues as "Ask and Share" concept is essential for the way we work. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Kolding or Esbjerg (Denmark) Some international travel to sites and other offices will be required.
For further information about the position please contact manager of SCADA & Data Analysis, Oliver Rage: firstname.lastname@example.org / +491725184678