Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada's leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada's corporate leaders, as well as US and International parties with extensive interest in Canada, our over 400 lawyers are based in offices in Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver and New York.
Osler prides itself on attracting and maintaining some of the brightest talent in the legal arena. Our Lawyers, students, management and staff have created a unique firm culture which nurtures mentoring and the exchange of ideas. Osler is a dynamic and exciting to begin a career or carve out a new path.
We are implementing a firm wide, Salesforce.com based CRM solution (onePlace) and we are looking for a keen, energetic and experienced CRM Data Steward to be part of this exciting future at the firm in the Toronto Office.
The successful candidate will play a key role in maintaining, enhancing and enriching data quality of valuable client information (e.g. company, contact, opportunities et.), support on-going monitoring and tracking of data quality in CRM, as well as performing analysis to perform proactive data quality activities. This will require leveraging data management tools, conducting external research, working with a broad spectrum of resource within the Firm (Business development, Lawyers, Legal Secretarial Assistant Etc.) while complying with Osler business rules, taxonomy, firm standard and data management policies. As the firm transition to the new system, initially this role will required work with the incumbent CRM System (InterAction).
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the Client Development team, Legal Secretarial Assistants and Lawyers, to manage the clean-up of existing data to ensure accurate and up to date client information, using internal and external data sources.
- Coordinate and Facilitate the entering and maintenance of Client information, veryfying credibility and accuracy of information in CRM.
- Generating standards and ad hoc reports to identify and correct incomplete data;
- Monitoring the database for duplicate contacts and merging them;
- Ensuring that all necessary data fields are populated with correct data;
- Performing other tasts such as standardizing client names, adresses, phone numbers etc.
- Triaging and resolving data issues on a case by case basis using the documented processes;
- Monitoring data quality and adherance to business policies and established conventions;
- Identifying problems that could potentially compromise the quality of the data and makes preventive suggestions for improvement.
- Respond to requests from client development personnel and other firm members to develop customized and segmented marketing lists.
- Maintain existing marketing lists and works with client development personnel to ensure lists remain relevants and up to data.
- Leverage marketing automation tools to send out targeted marketing content.
- Contribute in the creation, implementation and enhancement of CRM data quality best practices, process and procedures.
- Identify opportunities for automation, process changes, and end user training, to continuously improve the quality of our client data.
- Provide support, training and end-user support in the usage of CRM, Acts as a reference for end users regarding usage and capabilities.
- Participate on cross functional teams wth IS, training, and client development on CRM related data quality projects.
Education and Experience
Post secondary degree or equivalent work experience as a Business Data Steward. The incumbent has 3 to 5 years of experience working with an enterprise system, preferably in a professional services firm. Working knowledge/experience of CRM solutions (Salesforce preferred, InterAction CRM would be beneficial). Experience using CRM Fusions Demand Tool Solution would be helpful.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated team player, self-starter, and independent thinker
- Dedicated work ethic and commitment to team and goal oriented environment
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and organized; the ability to multi task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Working knowledge of data quality management, data entry improvement and understanding of marketing fundamentals and their business relationship to CRM platforms.
- Process oriented and must be able to work with a high defree of detail and have high quality standards
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving abilities required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with peers and senior management.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to use internet research methods.
- Proficient in the use and application of MS Work and Outlook. Expert skills in Salesforce.com, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Specific knowledge of the legal services industry is not required but would be a significant benefit.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada's leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and resume by the closing date to email: email@example.com